Sunday, April 4, 2010

K-Mart Cruise "Night"

The cruise night was a big success!

I almost didn't end up going, too! My buddy called me up and said that it was dead and that it probably wasn't worth going. But I decided to drive by just to check out what was there and that turned out to be a very good decision.

Before I went over there, I turned the wrong way from Nevada to get gas for my car and I ended up in a neighborhood with three classics that I noticed. I only got to take pictures of one, but it was a pretty nice car (I'm not an expert in classic cars at all, but it looked like maybe a '56 or '57 Chevy). I also got a chance to snap some 35mm shots of this car (the only one, so far). They show some of the intricate detail work; I really hope they turn out! (50 ISO film, shutter speed = 1/125, aperture = f 2.8)

Then at the cruise night itself, I got pictures of a late '50s model Chevy sedan that had the similar back-end of a delivery. It was pretty sweet. I shot a '56 cherry red Chevy...man was that thing pretty! There was also a muscle car there that I got a few photos of (I probably won't use them in the final "cut," I mainly want stock classics), and last, I got some shots of a Chevy (didn't get the year of it, but it was very nice).

So that means I have three rolls of 120 down, four to go. Still working on my first roll of 35 out of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment