Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'57 Chevy

I have my first five photos! Finally!

Like I said last week, I went to Durango to visit my girlfriend at school. No luck there in trying to find anyone willing to let me take pictures of their cars (they have a car club there with some really nice looking '20s up to '70s cars and trucks), but I wasn't there long enough to contact anyone. Anyway, on my way home yesterday, trying to beat the big storm that dumped tons of wet snow across Colorado, I saw a '57 Chevy sitting on the side of the road next to a bank. I was contemplating stopping to snap a few photos for about a block (the speed limit is only 25 through Del Norte, Colo. so it was a long block). Once I got a block-and-a-half away, I finally pulled off, got out my Holga loaded with the Adox film and hoofed it back to the Chevy.

It was in okay condition, the back end was pretty worse for wear, but other than that, a very nice subject. I'm not sure if the photos will turn out very good, since it was overcast and 50 ISO film is so slow it requires a lot of sunlight to get a good exposure. But, if I expose the rest of the roll under the same conditions, I could develop it as though it was 100 ISO...things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment