Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Film Has Arrived

Ten brand new rolls of film got delivered just a few hours ago via FedEx! I got seven rolls of 120mm film for the Holga and three rolls of 35mm. I'm planning on running at least one roll of the 35 through my Holga. The look is really interesting, but I'll only do it for a roll or two because I feel like it may take away from the look I'm trying to achieve.

The Holga shoots in a square format, as opposed to 35mm, which is a rectangular format. So, if you put a roll of 35 into your Holga (after some surgery), the photos you take will end up not only on the center part of the film (where your exposure ends up normally), but also around the sprocket holes at the top and bottom of the stip of film. If you want to set up your Holga to shoot 35mm, it's a very simple process and is easy to find on how-to sites.

Well, now that I have the film, all I need to do is wait for warmer weather so the guys can take their cars out of their garages. Hopefully that'll be in just a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment